Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Finding ways to be effective and efficient.

I remembered something today that I had forgotten.

When the kiddos first wake up they are content with eating breakfast and playing on their own. I usually take this time to eat my own breakfast and spend a little time relaxing in preparation for the day. Then I feel lazy. Then the kiddos just HAVE to have my attention.

Hm... See the problem?

Today my mom called and told me there had been a change of plans this weekend. She and my sister will be coming HERE tomorrow night instead of us meeting her two hours away and staying at my aunts house for two nights.

Guess what that means.

I've got some serious cleaning to do.


Before, I didn't need to worry about it since no one would be at our house. Now? Well, let's just say I need to get my rear in gear! Right after I got off the phone with her I cleaned the kitchen and laundry room. They weren't too bad, but they did need a fair bit of cleaning. I was thinking it would be insurmountable but guess what? Both boys were content to be on their own! E even helped out (a little).

Now I'm trying to get J to take a nap. I am going to have to try to get him to stay asleep on his own. Why is it that babies act like it's torture for them to have to sleep somewhere other than their mom's arms? Normally I wouldn't mind. I love snuggling him and I know this time will pass and he will gain independence long before I'm ready for it. But days like today... Yeah. I need him to be a little more independent!

Lesson for the day. Do blitz cleaning first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment