Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Cutest Instigators of Entropy

I have been trying so hard yesterday and today to get a few projects done. All I wanted to do was finish cleaning the master bedroom, streamline our clothes and get a few loads of laundry done. Not too much to put on my plate, right? Apparently my boys think it is. Of course, they ARE my number one priority as a stay at home mom, but goodness, you'd think they'd give me a little slack to do some maintenance on the cleaning.

Here's what I've gotten to do the last two days.
  • Cleaned up a few dozen messes.
  • Made the bed in the master bedroom.
  • Made about a dozen meals.
  • Worked out last night for 35 minutes.
  • Finished my book while cuddled in a blanket with J and laying on the trampoline waiting for E to realize that it really was quite cold out. The kid REALLY needed to get some energy burned off though.
  • (See above) Took the boys outside for a little over an hour. This of course resulted in two of my daffodil's being pulled. *sigh*
  • Spent WAY too much time holding J on my lap or in my arms because he is so doggone clingy! Why can't I figure out what he needs? Or if he's just in a phase? Regardless, it's nearly impossible to do anything when I know he's going to be screaming the entire time if I'm not holding him.
And, that's about it! I did a few other things, but really, the majority of my time was spent trying to pacify J. I don't mind keeping the kids happy, but when chaos ensues, I lose control of my emotional stability. Any tips on getting the kid caused entropy under control? And no, I'm not going to just let them scream. When needed I can let them for a few minutes, but not for much longer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment